USSA April Online Sale Posted!
Bidding Opens April 24 - Bidding Closes April 25
Held at wlivestock.com
View Sale Site And Bid Online
This year the USSA Ewe Lamb Giveaway will be offering 4 ewe lambs - one ewe lamb per district!
||Along with the program expanding into districts, recipients will also receive:
- Ewe lamb will be futurity nominated!
- Free registration(s) for first lamb crop
- An adult and junior mentor for each recipient
- Free one year UJSSA membership
||More details of the program:
||Submit a video that is 2 minutes or less that includes:
- Who you are
- Why you want to win a Suffolk ewe lamb
- Your intentions for the ewe lamb
Must be 18 years or younger as of January 1, 2016
Only open to juniors who do not currently own a registered Suffolk
Recipients will be given a list of breeders to choose who their ewe lamb will come from
Deadline is November 1, 2016
ATTENTION USSA MEMBERS
We’re currently seeking ewe lamb donation commitments in each USSA District!
Please contact the USSA Office for more details!
Breeders who have committed to donating a ewe lamb in 2016:
Alves Livestock, Ron Alves, Oakdale, CA
Double L Livestock, Larry & Linda Pauly, Delta, UT
Jarvis Sheep Co., Spanish Fork, UT
Mike Mann, New Cuyama, CA
Neumiller Suffolks, Jim Neumiller, Healdsburg, CA
Joe Olsen, Spanish Fork, UT
Matt Olsen, Genola, UT
Prairie Rose Suffolks, Gayle Lucas, Phillipsburg, MT
Pumphrey Suffolks, Walla Walla, WA
Edd Sabey, Heber City, UT
Stavros Bros. Fairview, UT
Summey Familiy Farm, Blair Summey, Lincoln, CA
Corey Withers, Delta, UT
Brent Shepherd, Spanish Fork, UT
Joel Shepherd, Moroni, UT
Shirl Shepherd, Spanish Fork, UT
Alan Kjeldgaard, Tekamah, NE
Bar-Zel Suffolks, Rob & Christy Zelinsky, Brookings, SD
Braasch Land & Livestock, Elwood, NE
Dry Sandy Sheep Co., Matt & Amy Beals, Alexandria, NE
Knutson Suffolks, Jason & Alicia Knutson & Family, Centerville, SD
Van Dyke Suffolks, Jim Van Dyke, Wessington Springs, SD
Wolff Suffolks, Ron & Beth Wolff, Oakes, ND
Mint Gold Ranch, Dale & Judy Dobberpuhl, De Pere, WI
Skartvedt Suffolks & Touchdown Acres, Wayne & Paul Skartvedt & Family, Radcliffe, IA
Henderson Suffolks, Dennis Henderson & Family, Atlanta, IN
MacCauley Suffolks, Bill & Betsy MacCauley, Atglen, PA
Russell Sheep Co., Eaton, IN
THANK YOU to MacCauley Suffolks, Alan Batt & Big Sky Suffolks (Chris Reno) for your support and past ewe lamb donations!
Breeders and Juniors are encouraged to participate in the 2016 USSA Futurity Program!
Last year the program paid out more than $1600 in premiums to participants in the 2015 USSA Futurity!
Taking advantage of participating in this program can help you pay for your purchased futurity nominated ewe lamb!
For example, if you placed 2nd in your district in last year’s futurity you won $100! The overall ewe lamb futurity winner in
2015 received $600 and the yearling ewe futurity winner received $100! I hope you’re interested…all you have to do is purchase a
futurity nominated ewe lamb and turn in your futurity points forms to the office, that’s it!
To encourage more participation in this program the Futurity Committee
and the USSA Board have made the following changes to the Futurity Program:
Ewe Lamb Futurity:
- Allow futurity nominated ewe lambs to show, for points, in any class (Suffolk, crossbred, market lamb, etc.). Points are obtained, using the current point schedule, based on how the ewe places in the class, no matter the number of Suffolks in the class.
- Eliminate double points for the National Junior Show and NAILE; both shows are still eligible for single points.
- Futurity rules and one point form will be mailed with the registration paper to the junior buyer
- Futurity rules and points forms will be available at the clerks desk as well as with the online sales for all futurity nominated ewes
- Increase the number of shows from 5 to 7 as a maximum number of shows eligible for total points (more than 7 points forms can be submitted to the office, however, only the top 7 count)
Ewe Lamb Futurity Rules
word | pdf
Yearling Ewe Futurity
- If the ewe was futurity nominated as a lamb, the $25 nomination fee is waived to participate as a yearling.
- #1, #2 and #5 Ewe Lamb Futurity changes listed apply to the Yearling Ewe Futurity.
Yearling Ewe Futurity Rules
word | pdf
2016 Futurity Points Form
Sale Dates: APRIL 24-25 (Entries due April 11) and JUNE 8-9(Entries due May 25)
ENTRIES are on a first come basis, max of 36 head per sale!
Entry Rules: Consignors may enter a maximum of two head per sale.
If a consignor enters a ram, a ewe must be entered.
word | pdf
Ewe Entry - $25 per head commitment fee
• If the ewe sells $25 is credited back to the consignors USSA account.
• If the ewe does not sell the $25 will be paid to Willoughby Sales.
• Ewe lambs are eligible to be futurity nominated (optional).
• Futurity nominations are $25/head.
Ram Entry - $50 entry fee
Consignor is required to consign a ewe if a ram is consigned.
• If the ram sells $25 is credited back to the consignor’s USSA account and the USSA retains $25.
• If the ram does not sell $25 is paid to Willoughby Sales and the USSA retains $25.
Consignors are encouraged to submit 3 good photos of each entry and a short video.
Please contact the USSA Office with any questions. For both sales, entries are on a first come basis.
If a member consigns to the first sale and would like to consign to the second sale, their name goes to the end of the list for the
second sale, giving equal opportunity for members to consign. There is a maximum of 36 entries per sale. Percentage
registered Suffolks are eligible to consign but breed percentage must be disclosed in the catalog information.
There is a 10% commission on the sale.
Entries, photos and/or videos can be submitted to the USSA Office:
Mail: USSA, PO Box 121, Holland, IA 50642